How to remove static electricity

How to remove static electricity

Winter, known with less daylight hours and cold, is also known by the phenomenon of static electricity. This embarrassing event that the clothes stick to each other and to us, and shocks that startle us by touching certain objects.

What static?

Static is the accumulation of an electric charge to the surface of an object. When the load moves from one object to another, it releases electricity, producing a shock. It is directly affected by moisture.

The static increases when the air is cold and the humidity down. To stay warm in your home, you increase the heat, adding to a decrease in humidity and increased static electricity.

Although static electricity can be embarrassing and sometimes painful, you can do some simple things to reduce.

Ajoust humidification

The most important tip is probably to add water to the air circulating in your home. This can be done in several ways. First of all, a humidifier can be used to produce a continuous flow of moisture. It can be a unit placed in the room where you are or added humidification unit to heating your home.

If you do not have a humidifier, you can place a pan of water on the stove and let it evaporate, adding moisture to the air. This can be especially nice if you also add things that smell good – as the strands of evergreen or a drop or two of essential oils like lavender or peppermint. Just be sure not to let the pot dry.

Use fabric softener

Another important source of static electricity is the fabric, whether your clothes, your upholstery or your carpet. The dryer sheets can greatly reduce static electricity in these cases. Although you can not put your furniture in your dryer, you can rub a dryer sheet on the surface of the padding.

For your carpet, you can use a liquid softener or static elimination sprays. If you use a liquid fabric softener, dilute with water and spray a little on the mat – you do not need to soak the surface to get a good result.

To reduce static electricity in your clothes, try to wear natural fabrics, like cotton. Anything synthetic will accumulate charge faster and therefore create the shock when you touch something.

Wear something metal

To stop the dreaded shock when you touch the door handle – touch it first with something metallic. It can be a key, a thimble or a safety pin that you keep with you for this purpose.



clean floors

And finally, keep your floors clean with a vacuum cleaner, cleaning can also help reduce static electricity by reducing the amount of dust. The green cloth is here to help. get an estimate today.